Saturday, January 5, 2013

This Is NOT the Worst Winter

But I'm tired of it already.  It is supposed to warm up this coming week.






I had a nice note from a Kobo reader who read Flash while it was still on Kobo, then I removed it so the Flashes could be in Amazon Select.  She wrote this week "Where's Flash of Light?"  Well, nowhere but Amazon, so I sent her a copy.  If this happens to you, email me and I will send you a copy, too.  She kindly wrote back to say she loved it.

That's the problem with Select.  Amazon gives you the ability to promo to a wide audience but you run the risk of making non mobi people unhappy.  Device wise, this can be solved.  You can hack Nooks to accept mobi and hack Kindles to accept epub.  I've done it.  It's a bit of work, though.  Unfortunately.  What will happen is that customers will migrate to tablets and away from dedicated readers.  That will solve all the proprietary formatting issues we have now.


No comments:

Post a Comment