Monday, December 31, 2012

Waving Goodbye to 2012

Okay, that auld lang syne bit over with, how are ya doing otherwise?

I'm still all over the place.  I would like to finish up the Drive The Cold Winter Away photo essay thing by tomorrow but it's turning out to be more complicated because I have to build each page in Photoshop.  Word isn't cooperating at all.  And PLUS you can't use interesting fonts  so if I make an image of the page, then I can use whatever font I like.

Here's what I worked on earlier today.  Now that I think about it there's another way I could have done it.  I should try that.  Or there's always just leave it because it will be so small in a kindle that it'll be hard to see anyway.


With the Buttercup book someone complained that she spent 99 whole cents and couldn't even extract the images from the book!  Oh bummer!  Can you extract parts of a novel from a Kindle or Nook?  No, you can't.  Yes I see why it would be good to download recipes from a cookbook on your Kindle but that's not how it works now.

I decided to put a note in the back of this book that if anyone would like an image to use as a desktop or whatever, they can email me and I'll send them a copy.  That's a pretty good deal.

I could make it a gif file!  Go from the icicles to an ad like "Eat at Joe's"!
See how I get distracted?



Happy New Year all you lovely people who are so patient with me and so supportive.  I promise Parked will be on your readers in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment