Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pass or Fail

I don't believe I mentioned this Mature YA.  I'll explain why.  It contains some very difficult situations and I didn't want someone to be excited by Dream Horse and say (like an adult did not long ago) "I'm going to buy everything by Barbara!" and then find out there's sex, drugs and rock and roll in this, very unlike pony club.  So I published it under another pen name but then this Mature YA label started to surface and I thought, okay, if I can put that label on it, maybe the wrong audience won't be so easily exposed to this material.

I'm sure kids see far worse at 7:30 on their televisions.  But that's not my problem.  I have to do what I think is right.

That's why you haven't heard of this book.

Pass or Fail is based on some rumors I once heard and that's as far as I'll go with that for the moment.

It's a story about desires so deep and so demanding that all sense of what's right and good and appropriate is swept away in order to fulfill those needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment