Monday, August 8, 2011

Verrines: Sweet and Savory Parfaits Made Easy

Sorry I haven't been around but I've been writing.

Tadadadadada!  Here's my new book


Here's the blurb:

Have you ever wanted just a little something to eat that was delicious and probably sinfully fattening? Don't we all? Some years ago the French invented verrines. A verrine is a sweet or savory delectable. Like the familiar parfait, it's served in a glass but a small one making it the ultimate in portion control. While most of us want to eat well, most of us aren't trained chefs and we rarely have access to exotic ingredients readily available elsewhere. VERRINES: Sweet and Savory Parfaits Made Easy makes it possible for everyone to create luscious treats quickly and with a budget in mind. You don't need a kitchen full of special tools, and you don't need expensive ingredients. You need some small glasses, a sharp knife and a trip to the grocery store. Whether you need intriguing appetizers for a party, a light lunch or dessert, you will find something in this book to help you achieve your goal.

Yes, it's a little bit of a departure since it's nonfiction but in paper publishing I did do 2 cookbooks and one semi-cookbook, so it's not out of the realm of my experience.  I became fascinated by these small treats in glasses they make in France and when I tried to find a book in English, there wasn't one.  I decided I should write it and take the photos.  There are 38 photos in beautiful color which of course is a bit problematic for Kindle owners at the moment.  It's fine for everyone who has a Nook Color (me) or a tablet, but Kindle fans will have to wait until the release of the Kindle tab in the autumn.  Still you can get the idea of how the verrines are layered and are comprised of contrasting colors whenever possible.  That would be grey and darker grey for e-ink people.

It's live at Barnes and Noble already but Amazon takes a bit longer.

Verrines: Sweet and Savory Parfaits Made Easy

I'm sure you'll find something to tempt you in the book.  I know each recipe is delicious because I sampled everything.  Sometimes, I admit, I had no willpower and didn't stop at a sample but had to each the whole thing.  But heck, a verrine is small, so it's not a huge sin.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment