Friday, April 6, 2012

Freebie Weekend The Missed Wish


My novella, The Missed Wish, is having a free weekend.  Here's the link.  THE MISSED WISH
Download away.  If not for Chris Westphal, it wouldn't exist.  This is what happens when you carry an idea around for  ten years.  It becomes so heavy the handles start to rip off the tote bag and you either drop it or you write it.


Here's the blurb:

“Greg Rydell loved being married so much, he did it twice. The only problem was instead of sequentially, he did it concurrently.”

You’d love to have this said about your father on national television, too, right? No, you’d hate having a bigamist as your father and so did I.

I tossed a coin into the fountain and wished for my family, suddenly I had two of them. I knew when I went back to grab my quarter, I had gotten the wrong coin. Now I was getting someone else’s wish—to be famous.

All this insanity was played out in front of Mill Crocker, the captain of the school polo team and the most gorgeous guy I had ever seen or expected to see. Of course the humiliation didn’t didn’t stop at keeling over in the dead faint when the news about the Rydell Family 2.0 was revealed, or when I went on a stupid talk show to tell my father exactly what I thought of him or being chased by reporters on my first date with Mill. Embarrassment lurked everywhere waiting for me.

Somehow it didn’t bother Mill. He liked me because I was fearless on a horse and could ride as well as he did.

Mill didn’t take my wishing seriously but I did. I wished I could be with him forever.

The way things were going, that was stacking up to be my missed wish unless I got the right coin back. But how was I going to find it among the thousands in the fountain?

No comments:

Post a Comment